THE BEGONIA SOCIETY OF SAN FRANCISCO & YOU
- We are a nonprofit, horticultural organization striving to promote and maintain public and scientific interest in research, preservation, development and distribution of Begonias throughout the world. Members find new friends in San Francisco Bay Area. Plant lovers like you are growing in windows, in greenhouses, in indoor light gardens and outside in temperate regions. We're working to make everyone aware of how much fun and how easy it is to grow Begoniass. You can help.
- We publish a monthly Newsletter ...for both the amateur and the professional; the explorer, the scientist, the hybridizer, the grower and the blue-ribbon winner. As a member you'll be among the first to find out about recently discovered species, the latest hybrid, the newest growing "secrets": Discover new friends who share your amazement, excitement and delight growing these wonderful plants. We look forward to you sharing your experiences.
- The Begonian, is a full color publication of the American Begonia society which is mailed out every other month. BSSF Members who are also a member of the American Begonia Society also receive this publcation which includes: branch and regional newsletters, articles on growing begonias, terrarium care, photos of new hybrids and registered begonias, monthly tips on caring for your begonias.
- We are active in research ...to provide support for the identification of new species; to promote registration of worthy hybrids and to assist in the education of judges to accurate judging standards thorough clear documentation.
- We promote growing and showing ...with affiliate societies throughout the country who encourage their members to show and promote begonias locally. The American Begonia Society provides cultural sheets and awards annually for best species and hybrid exhibit in each affiliate society's show.